Pastor Bola Bello
The five-fold ministry gifts are the current and present priests of the church. One of the things they’ve been called to do is to fulfill the Prophecy of New Testament and to align the Church unto creating fulfillment that pertains to the Kingdom. Though, not all of us have been called into the office of the prophet, but we all, have been called to fulfill the prophecies of the Kingdom.
“He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe latchet I am not worthy to unloose.” (KJV)
Here, John the Baptist said he was unworthy to unloose the shoe latchet of Jesus, meaning he was not even capable of ministering toJesus or function in the capacity of Jesus’ ministry.
However, we have been called, as believers, to function in the same might and capacity of our Lord Jesus Christ. Christ has assured us that we can wear his shoes and function in the same capacity as he did (and even greater than that) while on earth.
However, there is a need for us to make ourselves available, and to deliberately put on the shoes of prophecies, spoken ahead of us.
“For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding, he that is least in the kingdom is greater than he.” (KJV)
The prophecy of the ministry of John was first spoken of by the prophet Isaiah long ago, before John was born (Isaiah 40:3). Of course anyone could have come to that fulfillment if John had failed. However, John the Baptist, according to the mandate of heaven decided to wear the shoes and fulfilled the prophecy (John 1:23).
- In the same token, when Jesus gave the prophecy about someone betraying him, He wasn’t specific about anyone, but Judas Iscariot also chose the shoes and became the victim. He fulfilled a negative prophecy.
- As children of prophets, born and birthed by prophecies and living in the prophetic era, it is important for us to decide the kind of prophecies to fulfill. This is because we all, must fulfil prophecies, whether good or bad. However, we can make our choices individually.
- Prophecy is the timeless truth of God spoken in mysteries that has the capacity to manifest into reality and re-occur from generation to generation. When prophecy is given, it is for direction and it is not just given for a certain individual alone, but for the nations of the earth, the communities and the families, and not a one off event.
- Prophecies have been given in the Holy Scriptures, and the believers of Christ are the ones who would fulfill these prophecies, especially the messianic era, where the kingdom of Christ must be established.
- Prophecy is timeless and, can still be fulfilled again and again. The prophecy spoken by Isaiah about the coming of a fore-runner of Jesus was fulfilled by John the Baptist, yet it can still be fulfilled again and again; someone can become a fore-runner for Christ and prepare a way for His Second Coming, thus becoming another John.
“Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God”. (KJV)
The message given to Isaiah in this passage, was to admonish and encourage the captive Jews in Syria, but still relevant again in our days to encourage the hopeless and the suffering ones. Anyone who can feel the pain and agony of an individual could decide to wear the shoes of Isaiah, become an intercessor for the people of God and intercede for those in pain thereby God using him to bring hope, comfort and relief to them.
- As a matter of fact, the people who evangelize today are wearing the shoes of apostles bringing the message of the kingdom to the uttermist part of the world.
- Prophecy is like a Jacket that could fits all who are willing to serve God. This implies that we must decide to rise up and wear prophetic shoes deliberately as Simeon did, (Luke 2:25) before we can witness certain prophetic fufilments. The coming of the Lord might still tarry except another Simeon is raised, who will pang in prayers for Christ Second Coming.